HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card offers a chance to earn reward points on all categories against the usual norm on popular cash back cards. Other features more or less are comparable to Bharat CashBack and MoneyBack cards from HDFC Bank.
Salaried: Age: Min 21 years & Max 60 years, Income: Gross Monthly Income> Rs. 12,000
Self Employed: Age: Min 21 years & Max 65 years, Income: ITR > Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum
|Reward type||Cash back|
|Cash advance limit||40% of the credit limit (Credit limit is decided by bank post scrutiny)|
Card features summary
- Earn incremental reward points depending on occasion or categories
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Avail up to 50 days interest free period from date of purchase
- Gift Voucher worth Rs.1000 on annual spend of Rs 90,000 and higher
Issuance and annual fee*
|Issuance charges||Rs. 500|
|Annual charges||Rs. 500 from 2nd year onwards|
|Add-on card issuance charges||Free|
|Add-on card annual charges||Free|
*exclusive of GST
Joining/ Renewal benefits
Welcome/renewal benefit of 500 reward points on payment of annual fee.
Condition for waiving off annual fee
Spend Rs.60,000 in a year and get a waiver of next year’s annual membership fee.
- Earn 25 reward points on your Birthday spends ( Up to a maximum reward points of 3000)
- Earn 10 reward points on PayZapp & SmartBUY spends (Up to a maximum reward points of 1,500 per statement cycle on cumulative spends)
- Get 5 reward points on Movies/Dining/Groceries/Railways & Taxis spends ( (Up to a maximum reward points of 1,500 per statement cycle on cumulative spends)
- For all other categories, get 1 reward point for every Rs.150 spends (Up to a maximum reward points of 1,500 per statement cycle )
Cash back redemption
Cash back will be retained as points and can be redeemed as Cash back on customer request. It can be redeemed online also after logging to HDFC net banking.
Redeem points for exciting gifts from HDFC exclusive Reward Catalogue ( 100 Points = Rs.15) or for Cash back ( 100 Points = Rs.10)
Note: Redemption of points for Cash back will happen in multiples of 500.
Airport lounge access (India)
There is no airport lounge access offer on HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card.
Fuel surcharge waiver
1% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions of min. Rs. 400 and Maximum of Rs. 5000. Maximum cash back limited to Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
If you lose your Card, report it immediately to HDFC’s 24-hour call centre. After reporting the loss, you have a zero liability on any fraudulent transactions made on your card.
|Interest rate||Up to 3.5% Monthly|
|Cash advance||2.50% on withdrawn amount or Rs. 500 whichever is higher|
|Card reissue fee||Rs. 100|
|Foreign currency transactions||Mark-up of 3.5%|
|Over limit charges||2.5% on the over limit amount, minimum of Rs. 500|
Conclusion on HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card
Go for it factor
What I like on this card is the specific benefits on reward points. Purchases on your birthday will fetch you 25 times the reward points. Another great thing is that there is no exclusivity, you can earn points on all purchases.
Left out benefits
This section is just to highlight some of the popular benefits across credit cards segment which are missing on this card. All cards will not cover all the benefits and you need to decide whether this credit card suits your lifestyle and needs.
It doesn’t have offers related to lounge access, insurance or movie bookings.