JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card can be very useful for people who frequent domestic flights. It has all offers related to flight travel from booking discount to earning JPMiles and airport lounge access. So this card is a complete flight travel package in that sense.
|Eligibility||Account holders in HDFC bank|
|Reward type||JPMiles + Discount|
Card features summary
- Earn in JPMiles
- 5% discount on domestic air ticket bookings on www.jetairways.com
- Extensive insurance cover
- Complimentary airport lounge access
- Fuel surcharge waiver
- Zero liability on fraudulent point of sale transactions
Issuance and annual fee *
|Issuance fee||Rs. 500|
|Annual fee||Rs. 500 from 2nd year on wards|
|Re- issuance fee||Rs. 200|
*exclusive of taxes
Withdrawal limit & transaction limit
Daily Domestic ATM withdrawal and Shopping limits (combined): Rs. 3 lacs
There is also a cool feature called Dynamic limit for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card.
Dynamic Limit enables you to use your Debit Card over and above your Daily Shopping Limit on select merchant categories. The categories on which dynamic limit is applicable are Airlines, Education, Electronics, Medical, Travel, Tax Payments and Insurance.
We know that default card limit is 3 lacs per day. Let us say you want to pay 4 lacs on hospital transaction. You can login and change the limits for featured category which is medical and pay the whole 4 lacs.
500 JP Miles on first shopping with JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card within 90 days of issuance/annual fee payment.
Reward points (RP)
- 4 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on all International shopping and online merchants and for Rs. 150 spent on purchases made on revenue tickets on www.jetairways.com
- 2 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on all domestic Hotel, Air, Travel, Utility, Apparels and Restaurants only
- 1 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on all domestic shopping and online merchants for rest of the categories (except Jewellery, Business Services and Fuel)
- 500 bonus JPMiles on accumulating 500 JPMiles through retails spends. (Max 1500 JPMiles per calendar year)
Note: Only retail purchases qualify for JPMiles. Transaction amounts less than Rs. 150 will not accrue any JPMiles.
Reward points redemption
Redeem JPMiles at https://www.jetprivilege.com/use-jpmiles as below given options.
- For flight bookings on Jet Airways, Etihad Airways or any of their 20+ Airline Partners
- At JetPrivilege Reward Store for perfect reward
- Use JPMiles for a One-cabin upgrade on your Revenue Tickets
Jet Airways privilege
Avail of a 5% discount on all domestic air tickets bookings made on www.jetairways.com. The online discount is available only for travel across all Fare Choices in Economy cabin. 5% discount is not available for Light Fare Choice.
Airport lounge access (India)
Avail 2 complimentary visits per quarter at clipper/TFS lounges.
1) Personal Accidental Death cover for accident by Air/ Road/ Rail – Sum insured of Rs. 5 Lacs
2) You are also eligible for an Accelerated Personal Accident Death Cover up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lacs, subject to minimum transactions at merchant locations / online as given below
- POS transactions of 50k – 1 Lakhs placed in last 30 days then cover is 5lacs+1lacs=6lacs
- POS transactions of 1 – 1.5 lakhs placed in last 30 days then cover is 5lacs+2lacs=7lacs
- POS transactions of 1.5 – 2 lakhs placed in last 30 days then cover is 5lacs+3lacs=8lacs
- POS transactions of 2 – 2.5 lakhs placed in last 30 days then cover is 5lacs + 4lacs=9lacs
- POS transactions of 2.5 – 3 lakhs placed in last 30 days then cover is 5lacs + 5lacs=10lacs
Likewise an increase of 1 lacs for additional spend of 50k till a maximum of 20 lacs as accelerated cover and total cover of 5 lacs + 20 lacs = 25 lacs
3) You also get additional International Air Coverage of flat Rs. 1 crore on purchase of air ticket using your Debit Card. (For International Air Tickets booked using JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card)
4) Fire & Burglary Protection of Rs. 200,000
- You are insured for the items purchased using Debit Card (up to 90 days)
5) Checked Baggage Insurance Sum of Rs. 2 lakh
Note: All JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card holders are required to use their Debit Card at retail OR online stores at least once every 30 days to keep the free Personal Death Insurance cover active.
|Instant Pin Generation using NetBanking and MobileBanking||Free|
|ATM PIN generation||Rs. 50 + applicable taxes|
|Decline charges for insufficient balances (At non HDFC outlets)||Rs. 25 + applicable taxes per transaction|
|Cross-currency mark-up charges on foreign currency transactions||3.5% + applicable taxes|
ATM charge structure
|Account Type||Savings & Salary Account|
|No of Free Transactions per month at HDFC Bank ATMs||Free Transactions – 5|
|No of Free Transactions per month at other Bank ATMs||At Metro ATMs : 3 Free Transactions
At Non Metro ATMs: 5 Free Transactions
|Charges beyond prescribed limit of free transactions||Cash Withdrawal – Rs 20/- plus applicable taxes
Non-Financial Transaction – Rs 8.50/- plus applicable taxes
You will not have any liability to any fraudulent Point of Sale transactions on the debit card, which take place up to 90 days prior to reporting the card loss. Maximum limit set to Rs. 4 lakh for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card.
Fuel surcharge waiver
Fuel Surcharge would not be applicable for the transactions done on HDFC Bank swipe machines.
Conclusion on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Debit Card
Go for it factors
- Comprehensive insurance cover
- JPMiles, 5% discount on jetairways.com and Airport lounge access is beneficial if you are an occasional flight traveler
- No fuel surcharge when swiped on HDFC swipe machines
- Higher card swipe limit along with dynamic card limit feature for specific categories
- This card is enabled with chip + Pin feature to provide more security for card transactions
No offers related to movie bookings.